We’ve created a new cycling app for Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
The Cycle North Staffs app, developed by CycleStreets, is here to help you to get the most out of your cycling. The app is packed with routes across Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme to get you to school, to work, or for leisure. It’s suitable for all ages and abilities.
The app is available for both iPhone and Android, and is available free of charge:
The app has a wide range of features:
- Plan cycle routes from A-B
- Gives a choice of routes: fastest, quietest, and balanced option
- Browse leisure routes – fancy a pleasant hour’s ride somewhere nice?
- Browse points of interest, such as bike shops or tourist attractions
- Shows time, distance and quietness level
- Shows how many calories you would use
- Avoids hills automatically where possible, and shows the elevation profile
- Calculates CO2 saving compared to a car
- Browse photos and videos of cycle facilities in the area
- Save your favourite places for easy access
The app makes use of our open-source iOS and Android codebases, helping lower costs to the Council and providing a well-tested codebase.
We are able to create custom cycle apps and embedded cycle journey planner websites for Local Authorities, companies and others. Do get in touch if this might be of interest to your organisation.
The apps have been possible thanks to the great work of our developers Neil and Jez.
One thought to “Cycle North Staffs app created by CycleStreets”
Pingback: weekly 290 | weekly – semanario – hebdo – săptămânal – haftalık – 週刊 – týdeník – edisi