We’re planning to hold a Developer Day soon.
We’ve had various kind expressions of interest from people wanting to get involved at a more technical level, either in terms of programming or the OpenStreetMap-related aspects, and we thought this would be a good way of helping that process along.
It will be held in Cambridge and probably on a Friday or Saturday in March/April, if not sooner.
The sorts of things we hope to cover are:
- Overview of the CycleStreets architecture – explaining the way the system works, and what its limitations and strengths are. (We’ll expand heavily on the stuff that’s in this introductory FAQ.)
- Improving the translation from OSM data to CycleStreets (and how it works).
- The feedback system and its feeding-through to OpenStreetMap data.
- Plans for open-sourcing.
- Mobile phone interface(s).
- Getting more funding!
- Whatever people want to talk about.
If you’re interested, do drop us a line. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of pizza!