Since we won £27,000 for the development of our campaigning toolkit we've been pondering what to call it.
The themes we want to capture in the name are:
- The idea of a central place where cycle users around the UK can submit problems they encounter on the street network
- A central place to facilitate campaigning
- Cycling (!)
- Well-informed campaigning
- Constructive and forceful debate but without being adversarial
- Improving our streets and routes
- Keeping track of all the problems and being able to manage them effectively
- The ability to say "I'll report it on the … website" and write "Go to … to report/fix a problem"
- Name needs to be short and catchy – long names are harder to type in
Here are some initial ideas we've had, though not all are usable names – it was just a brainstorm. We're not really happy with any of them. Can you help suggest a catchy name? Leave a comment below or drop us a line.
CycleStreets has secured £27,000 of funding as a winner of Geovation – GeoVation is an Ordnance Survey initiative and forms part of the Ideas in Transit project with funding from the Technology Strategy Board and the Department for Transport.